Diane, 21-15-9 reps of:
Deadlifts, 155 | 225 lb.
Then, 21-15-9 reps of:
Deadlifts, 205 | 315 lb.
50-ft. handstand walk after each set
Women deadlift 155 lb. then 205 lb | Men deadlift 225 lb. then 315 lb.
Prior to starting the workout, the athlete will need to mark a line on the wall for the handstand push-ups (details in Movement Standards section). Lengths on the floor will also need to be measured and marked for the handstand walk.
This workout begins with the barbell on the floor and the athlete standing tall. After the call of "3, 2, 1 … go," the athlete may perform 21 deadlifts, then move to the wall for 21 handstand push-ups, then complete 15 deadlifts and 15 handstand push-ups, then 9 deadlifts and 9 handstand push-ups.
The athlete may then move on to the heavier barbell to complete 21 deadlifts, a 50-ft. handstand walk, 15 deadlifts, another 50-ft. handstand walk, and finally, 9 deadlifts and a third 50-ft. handstand walk.
The athlete's score will be the time it takes to complete the workout or the total number of repetitions completed before the 9-minute time cap. Each completed 5-foot section of the handstand walk will count as 1 rep.
- Standard bumper plates (18-inch diameter) to load to the appropriate weights for your divisione
- Collars to secure the plates on the barbell
- A heel mark for the handstand push-ups
- Floor marks for the handstand walk
*The official weight is in pounds. For your convenience, the minimum acceptable weights in kilograms for the deadlift are 143 kg (315 lb.), 102 kg (225 lb.), 93 kg (205 lb.), 70 kg (155 lb.).
For each workout, be sure the athlete has adequate space to safely complete all the movements. Clear the area of all extra equipment, people, or other obstructions.
Any athlete who in any way alters the equipment or movements described in this document or shown in the workout standards video may be disqualified from the competition.
Video Submission Standards
- Film the plates and barbell so the loads can be seen clearly
- Film the measuring process for the handstand push-up mark and the length of the floor marks for the handstand walk so all measurements can be seen clearly.
- Videos must be uncut and unedited to accurately display the performance.
- Your judge and a clock or timer must be visible throughout the workout.
- Shoot the video so all exercises can be seen clearly meeting the movement standards.
- Videos shot with a fisheye lens or similar lens may be rejected.